Friday 29 January 2010

Stereolab - Ping Pong 7"



Here's one I got excited about when I was scanning some covers in. There is nothing quite like coloured vinyl, wouldn't you agree? Picture discs are something else entirely, and while I have a few, the fact that they sound bloody awful doesn't balance out the mild interest of, I dunno, some lightning or something. Maybe I have too many Iron Maiden ones... Anyway, this one's green, and it turns an already superb 7" up to 11.

The a-side is one of my favourite Stereolab tracks, and if you don't know it/them then you're in for a treat. The b-side lives up to its name in spectacular style, and, on top of everything else, it has yet another infinite exit groove. Cool cubed.

1. Ping Pong
2. Moogie Wonderland

Ecoutez ici.

p.s. For those of you of impeccable taste (after your Beatnik Filmstars comment, YankeeBoy, I cannot include you in that category) waiting for the Pure Morning bits and bobs, I've realised that I no longer have the original files, for some reason, so will have to make them again. But I will, just be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment