Sunday 24 January 2010

Beatnik Filmstars - Supremer Queener E.P.



Couple of things to which a blog post can never do justice... This 7" is packaged in wallpaper, and the plastic sleeve is stamped with the band's name. Also, it's on white vinyl. These things are important to me, so I thought I should share them. If you'd like to come round and feel the wallpaper, you're all more than welcome. It's very satisfying.

As for the tunes, well you're in for a treat. You may or may not know these guys, but they're from Bristol (as am I), and have been around for years (as have I). Their music career has been marginally more successful than mine, though, it has to be said. They're currently on Merge Records, who you must check out, with a LOAD of other superb bands/people.

This record is from 1996 on Mobstar Records (Bristol again, I think). Track 1 is a proper LoFi pop gem, 2 is a Fall-like noisy one (just described by my wife as "a pioneer of bullshit", make of that what you will), number 3 is much quieter, killer tune, and 4 is back to somewhere near the Fall, but lower-fi. All good. Hope you love 'em too.

1. Supremer Queener
2. I Am A Pioneer
3. Seventies Flick
4. A Craze Exploding

They'm here.

1 comment:

  1. Your wife is a very smart lady with quite astute musical tastes.

    ReplyDelete